This module includes the study of both analogue and digital AC measuring instruments including ammeters, voltmeters and ohmmeters. Oscilloscopes, signal generators, and frequency counters are presented with an emphasis on practical applications and safe operation of these instruments. This module is designed to reinforce troubleshooting techniques using AC meters.
Upon completion of this module the student will be able to:
- Name two methods of frequency measurement.
- Describe the basic operating characteristics of an oscilloscope.
- Determine voltage and frequency values from oscilloscope displays.
- List two applications of signal generators.
- Define a function generator.
- Define harmonics.