This module covers resistance, current, and voltage in series parallel circuits. The student will learn to apply Ohm's law to solving for specific quantities in these circuit configurations. The module also covers power, loaded voltage dividers and the Wheatstone Bridge as well as troubleshooting applications and problem solving.
Upon completion of this module the student will be able to:
- Define a series parallel circuit.
- Determine the total resistance in a series parallel circuit.
- Apply Kirchhoff's current and voltage law to a series parallel circuit.
- Calculate voltage drops and power.
- Recognize the various configurations of series parallel networks.
- Explain the purpose of loaded voltage dividers.
- List some applications of series parallel circuits.
- Describe the effects of open and short circuits on series parallel resistor networks.
- Determine the total voltage of series parallel voltage sources.