June 17, 2010
New Version of Electromechanical Technician Program from George Brown College
The George Brown College Centre for Continuous Learning is pleased to announce the release of a new version of the computer-based curriculum for the Electromechanical Technician Certificate Program.
The Electromechanical Technician Certificate is a computer-based home study program that enables students to study at their own pace, remotely from their own homes, using DVD-based curriculum, a circuit simulator and textbook to master the theory and practice of applied electronics. Continuous (open) enrolment, pay-as-you-learn registration, online exams and telephone/email/forum-based tutorial support provide an adaptable learning environment for people whose busy work and family lives demand a more flexible approach to training than that used in traditional full-time or part-time programs.
Highlights of the new version include:
- Updated course content to reflect the latest changes in technology including 70 new audio mini-lectures, over 250 new 2D and 3D animations and 450 new full color, high resolution images
- Further integration of program curriculum with interactive lab projects, including 45 additional lab experiments and troubleshooting examples
- Additional content includes Distributed Control Systems, SCADA and more comprehensive coverage of Integrated Circuits in industrial applications.
- An improved software engine, 1.5x faster and more powerful than the previous version
- Enhanced search capabilities allowing students to find key words and phrases instantly
- Full compatibility with all 32- and 64-bit Windows platforms (XP, Vista, Windows 7)
This program provides a complete introduction to electromechanics, with focus on commercial and industrial applications. The curriculum integrates text, video, animations, photos, audio clips and the CircuitLogix circuit simulator. Using CircuitLogix, students have a fully-functioning circuit design and simulation tool, enabling them to design, build, test, and troubleshoot circuits in a realistic lab environment. For more information, please visit www.emcourse.com.
George Brown also offers award-winning online technical training in Electronics, Programmable Logic Controllers and Robotics. The Centre for Continuous Learning provides distance education-based technical training to over 12,000 registered students, located all around the world. For more information, please visit www.gbctechtraining.com.
About George Brown College
With 9 out of 10 graduates getting jobs within six months of graduation, George Brown College has established a reputation for equipping students with the skills, industry experience and credentials to pursue the careers of their choice. George Brown offers more than 150 programs across a wide variety of professions. Students can earn diplomas, post-graduate certificates, industry accreditations, apprenticeships and four-year bachelor degrees. More than 20,000 students attend the College full-time with about 65,000 registered with the George Brown College Centre for Continuous Learning. For more information, please visit www.georgebrown.ca